Pizza Poppers: Pizza poppers is basically a roll out the pizza dough, cut it into squares, top it with your favorite pizza ingredients, wrap the up and fry them. Each pizza popper is a perfect one biter! And perfect for evening parties and goes well with a cold beer. Pizza poppers are very easy to make and take no more than 15 minutes.
- 1 package refrigerated crescent rolls or pizza dough
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 48 slices of pepperoni
- 1/2 cup finely diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce, for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 160° C.
- Spray two mini muffin tins with non-stick olive oil spray.
- When you unwrap the crescent roll package, separate the four rectangles (these also breakdown to triangles).
- If they fall apart, that’s fine, just put them back together.
- You should have four even rectangles.
- Slightly roll out the dough horizontally and vertically.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the mozzarella on each rectangle and then sprinkle with a little bit of chopped green pepper.
- Press into dough.
- Layer the pepperoni on top of cheese and peppers.
- There should be three rows of four pepperonis each.
- Tightly roll, jelly roll style and cut each rectangle into six pieces.
- Place poppers, cut side down into mini muffin tins.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until crescent roll dough is cooked through and pale brown.
- Pizza poppers are ready to be served
- Serve the pizza poppers with warm pizza sauce.
If you have any queries regarding the Pizza Poppers recipe, please leave a comment.