Pazham Pori: Pazham Pori is one of the popular and favorite snack of Kerala, India. Pazham Pori is made out of a special variety of plantain (banana) called “Nendrapazham” which is highly nutritious. The banana slices dipped in sweetened flour and then deep fried in oil. Pazham Pori is usually served along with a cup of steaming tea or coffee.
- 2 large Ripened Banana
- 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 3 tbsp Rice flour
- 2 tsp Milk
- A pinch Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Sugar :
- Salt, a pinch
- 1/2 tsp green Cardamom powder
- A pinch Baking Powder
- Oil, for frying
- Water, as required
- Peel the banana skin.
- Cut the banana into two halves.
- Take each potion and cut into thin slices lengthwise.
- Mix the remaining ingredients except oil together with enough water.
- Make it into a smooth batter.
- Heat the oil in a shallow frying pan.
- Dip the banana pieces thoroughly in the batter.
- Slowly arrange them to frying pan.
- Fry the banana till crisp and golden brown color on both sides.
- Drain the Pazham Pori in paper towels.
- Pazham Pori is ready to be served.
- Serve Pazham Pori with cup of tea or coffee.
- The batter should be in a medium thick consistency, care should be taken not to form lumps.
If you have any queries about this Pazham Pori Recipe , please write down in comment box below.