Palak Paneer: Many of the best loved vegetarian Punjabi dishes are the ones where paneer is combined with a vegetable. Palak paneer is a thick sauce based on pureed spinach, with garlic and garam masala. It’s a well-liked eater dish. Palak paneer is one sort of saag, which may even be created with mustard leaves. It is tasty and quick to make.
- 250 gm fresh spinach/palak
- 2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 2 medium garlic
- 2 inch ginger piece
- 6 cups water
- Salt to taste
- Clean and wash spinach under running water to remove any soil or impurities.
- Blanch the spinach in boiling salted water for 2 minutes.
- Drain excess water from blanched spinach.
- Transfer blanched spinach to the medium size jar of a mixer grinder.
- Add in green chillies and 1/4 cup water.
- Grind the mixture until smooth puree.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Add in the onions.
- Stir fry till golden brown.
- Add in the chopped ginger and garlic.
- Stir for 1 minute.
- Now add spinach puree.
- Let the mixture come to a boil.
- Add in the paneer pieces.
- Stir for 2 more minutes.
- Add salt to taste.
- Palak Paneer is ready to be served.
- Serve palak paneer with hot with roti or naan.
If you have any queries regarding the Palak Paneer recipe, please leave a comment.