Lassi: Lassi is a popular, traditional, yogurt-based drink from Bangladesh, India and Pakistan. Lassi is a blend of yogurt, water, spices and sometimes, fruit. Traditional lassi is a savory drink, sometimes flavored with ground and roasted cumin. This form of lassi is more common in the villages of Punjab and north India. It is prepared by blending yogurt with water and adding sugar/salt and other spices to taste.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 1/4 cup Water, ice cold
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh mint leaves, to garnish
- Dry roast the cumin seeds in a pan on medium heat until its golden brown and releases a nice aroma.
- Allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Crush the cumin seeds using a pestle and mortar, to a fine powder.
- Blend yogurt, water and cumin powder until smooth.
- Add in the salt, to taste.
- Chill the lassi in the refrigerator for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Pour the lassi into servings glasses.
- Garnish with mint and serve chilled.
If you have any queries regarding the Lassi recipe, please leave a comment