Crostini: Crostini or Crostino is an Italian appetizer consisting of a small slice of grilled or toasted bread and toppings. The toppings may include a variety of different cheeses, meats, and vegetables, or may be presented more simply with a brush of olive oil and herbs or a sauce. Crostini are typically made using Italian ciabattas and are often served with wine.
Ingredients (serves 6):
- About 1/2 loaf good, crusty bread such as ciabatta
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Gray salt and freshly ground pepper, as per taste
- 2 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Slice the ciabatta bread of about ½ inch thick slices.
- Brush the bread on both sides with the olive oil.
- Season the bread slices lightly with salt and pepper.
- Arrange on a baking sheet.
- Bake until crusty and brown, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Turn once about halfway through cooking, and dust with Parmesan.
- Serve Crostini hot, warm, or at room temperature.
If you have any queries about this Crostini Recipe , please write down in comment box below