Apple Fritters: Apple Fritters are fried nuggets of cinnamon-flavored batter stuffed with flavorful apple chunks and covered with a dusting of powdered sugar. This is vegetarian recipe for Apple Fritters.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 3 large apples
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup sparkling water
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups olive oil
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 4-5 tbsp powdered sugar
- Mix the flour, 1/4 cup sugar, cinnamon powder, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- Add the sparkling water, buttermilk and vanilla.
- Stir until the mixture forms a batter.
- Let the mixture rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil and vegetable oil over medium heat, in a heavy based saucepan.
- Peel and core the apples.
- Cut the apples into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- Using paper towels, blot the apple slices dry.
- Coat the apple slices with the batter.
- Fry the apples, turning occasionally, until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Apple Fritters are ready to be served.
- Sprinkle the powdered sugar on the hot Apple Fritters
- Serve immediately.
If you have any queries about this Apple Fritters Recipe , please write down in comment box below.